ini hasil dari komporan Bu Mirce, waktu liat dia posting jadi penasaran, pas ada even Papong ulang tahun jadinya bikin deh tapi saya coba bikin dengan resep yang berbeda, ngga pake bit abis nyarinya susah udah bolak-balik ke supermaket di Jakarta tetap aja ngga dapet.
Kue ini bakalan jadi kue favorit saya, rasanya enak terus teksturnya moist banget dan bikinnya juga ngga repot hanya kalau udah mau bikin jangan pake baju putih deh.. bakalan merah dimana-mana... rasanya juga pas sama banget sama cream chesse frostingnya . ..
Red Velvet Cake (a.k.a. Waldorf Astoria Cake)
(Recipe by Pinch my salt)
2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)-(Vierly:3 tbs)
2 oz. red food coloring- ( Vierly:2 1/2 tbs; merek:cross..warnanya bagus)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature-(Vierly:1cup milk+1tbs lime juice)
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or three 8-inch round cake pans.
2. Into a medium bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix food coloring and cocoa powder to form a paste; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
5. Making sure to scrape down the bowl occasionally, beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in vanilla and cocoa paste.
6. Add one third of the flour mixture, beat well, then beat in half of the buttermilk. Beat in another third of flour mixture, then second half of buttermilk. Finally beat in the last third of the flour mixture, making sure to scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
7. Make sure you have cake pans buttered, floured, and nearby. In a small bowl, mix vinegar and baking soda. Yes, it will fizz! Add it to the cake batter and stir well to combine. Working quickly, divide batter evenly between the cake pans and place them in a preheated 350 degree oven.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check early, cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. To remove the cakes from the pan, place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, then gently lift the pan. Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
9. Frost with cream chesse frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
( origanal recepe by Garrett McCord, u can see it here)
227 gram Cream chesse
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 With an electric mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
2 Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness.
3 Either spread on with a blunt knife or spatula, or spoon into a piping bag to decorate your cake or cupcake.